Tuesday 8 July 2014

Business Trip

I have to travel around a bit for my work and this always throws up the problem of evening meals and breakfast, it really stresses me out that I have to try to keep to my calorie goal while eating from a menu that is usually not aimed at dieters. 

The hotel I'm staying in this evening has a Beefeater next door (I can feel the anxiety rising!) and I had to undertake a considerable amount of research to find out what I could have, fortunately I had a two hour train trip to do this. 

Luckily the first thing I discovered is that Premier Inn has a data sheet online for all of the menu options for breakfast and shortly afterwards I found that the Beefeater website has an interactive menu that has a full breakdown of nutritional information for everything on it. Result! 

Using my new found knowledge I cobbled together the following dinner:

6oz Flat Iron Steak: 377 calories. 

I changed the fries with the steak for an extra salad: 39 calories. 

Chargrilled Flat Mushrooms: 145 calories. 

This is a total of 561 calories, which isn't much different from my home cooked dinners.

For dessert I bought from Sainsbury's

80g Pack Of Apple Slices: 44 calories. 

Total 0% Fat Free Greek Yoghurt 170g: 97 calories. 

So that's a grand total of 701 calories. To put that into perspective my home made dinner yesterday was a grand total of 703 calories, so I class this a small victory!

Breakfast however is a whole different ball game as I feel £8 for toast and coffee is a bit steep, so my hotel breakfast will be:

One slice of brown toast: 94 calories. 

One poached egg: 73 calories. 

Baked Beans (100g): 91 calories. 

Grilled Tomato: 10 calories. 

One Quorn Sausage: 95 calories. 

So the grand total is: 363 calories. Admittedly my usual breakfast is only 136 calories, but it doesn't cost £8!

No comments:

Post a Comment