Friday 4 July 2014

Ice Cream & Lollies

As the temperature has been rising of late I thought that a post on healthier ice cream and ice lollies may be useful. As with most of these "treat" type of foods they are only healthier if you moderate your intake of them, so strict portion control is a must.

The following are the best options I have found whilst out shopping, but I must admit that I very very rarely have them as I worry about triggering myself off on sweet food again

You should note that by their very nature ice cream products will be high in fat and lollies will be high in sugar, so I've also noted this in my list below:
Another option is frozen yoghurt and the best options I've found are 170ml tubs from Yoo Moo, they are however higher in calories than the above products, but conversely they are lower in fat. 

I urge caution when considering getting any of these products as they will be sitting in the freezer, you'll know that they are there and the temptation will be ever present; in my case when I know that these products are in the house it's almost like they are calling out to me for attention until I give up and eat them. The best option, in my opinion, is to consider making your own home made ice lollies using no added sugar  fruit squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment