Saturday 21 June 2014

No Diet Coke Day 02

So far so good, I've resisted the charm of Diet Coke for another day, although I did have a small cup of black coffee at about 2pm so I can't claim to have been totally caffeine free today.

The withdrawal symptoms are kicking in now though, at present I have a slight headache, I've been having mild cramp like feelings in my stomach and a weird twitch in my right arm and my stomach has been making some very odd noises too.

The 500ml bottles of sparkling mineral water seem to be having the desired effect as they have the same amount of fluid and the fizzy sensation of the Diet Coke. The biggest struggle has really been at home as during the day I'm suitably distracted by work so I don't really have the time to think about Diet Coke, but at home it's like the old issue with junk food, it's there in the background calling out to me, but it is useful to know fro experience that this is just the dying screams of my addiction and it should only last a couple more days.

Far more useful have been the benefits so far like not feeling hyperactive all the time and wanting to sleep at a normal time instead of midnight, I've also managed to have a nap during the day yesterday which I haven't done for sometime.

In general I feel that breaking the Diet Coke habit is an import step to take before I reach my target weight as I want to be ready to go when I'm there, I want to live day to day as healthily as possible and stay in as good shape as possible.

The next step after breaking the Diet Coke habit will be the reintroduction of running into my life as this was something that I used to really enjoy in my teens and twenties but went by the wayside in my late twenties and all of my thirties due to shift working, but that has now changed as I'm back to working Monday to Friday nine to five, so there is no reason not to start again, I will of course keep you posted on this!




No comments:

Post a Comment