Monday 23 June 2014

No Diet Coke Day 04

So today was much better in terms of withdrawal symptoms (thankfully), I've still had twinges in my stomach and the urge for Diet Coke was still there so I've not quite broken the habit just yet, I still have a slightly fuzzy head and every now and then my mind wanders to thinking about fizzy drinks but I have managed to keep to the fizzy mineral water only regime.

I think that there must be something else in Diet Coke other than caffeine that is addictive as it has such a pull on me psychologically and there is definitely some sort of physical addiction going on.

In more positive news as of this morning I have lost exactly 8 stone, which is a milestone for me as I am getting close to where I want to be. I've lost the 8 stone (112 pounds) in 164 days and I can really say in all honesty that the biggest tool for me has been the MyFitnessPal app, if it wasn't for the easy logging of calories I don't think I'd be where I am today, also it's seemingly never ending supply of statistics is a real help as that sort of thing appeals to me.

As well as the app I think that my mind set has been a help as in late December 2013 when I decided to sort myself out and get into shape I took some time to prepare mentally and I also made the concious decision to just cut things out rather than adjust how much I had, being able to stick to this was a challenge but once I got going and started to see results fairly rapidly this helped tenfold.

I still haven't quite got my head around the fact that I'm going to be able to adjust up my food intake soon to maintain my weight, but I'm slowly working on it as I don't want to continue to lose weight. I've also been preparing myself in my mind to keep the weight off by convincing myself that this isn't a diet that I just turn off and go back to normal after I get to my target weight, that this is sustainable and this is why I've been very careful when it's suggested that I should have some form of celebratory meal when I'm done as I don't want to get a taste for old habits again.

No comments:

Post a Comment