Saturday 28 June 2014

Tesco Everyday Value Meals

One thing I've discovered on my supermarket travels is that the Sainsbury's Basics and Tesco Everyday Value ranges offer some interesting options for low calorie ready meals and small pizzas. On the whole these products aren't too bad, I can honestly say that I don't have them on a regular basis but they're good if you fancy something a bit different...oh and they're really cheap which is also good if you're on a budget.

I'll start with Tesco because the Sainsbury's website seems to be playing up at the time of writing; so I'll make them my next post if it's fixed in time.

As usual for ready meals I only use them if they're 500 calories or less per pack, also I'll list the fat content in brackets if it's quite high.

  • Chicken Curry (frozen) - 465 calories per pack (11.3g of fat).
  • Chicken Hotpot 400g (frozen) - 318 calories per pack (10.4g of fat).
  • Beef Lasagne 400g (frozen) - 460 calories per pack (15.8g of fat).

So as you can see there are plenty of options in this range but two that I'll highlight are the frozen Corned Beef Hash which is really quite nice and very low in calories and also the frozen Beef Lasagne which doesn't taste too bad at all but has a really good calorie count for a lasagne, so it's great with a salad if you fancy something that feels a bit naughty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment