Tuesday 24 June 2014

No Diet Coke Day 05

Today hasn't been too bad, the Diet Coke cravings are still there but I feel like I've reached a turning point, although my fizzy water intake is on the increase but I think this is just my body's reaction to the removal of Diet Coke.

It's been an interesting journey so far and quite different to the last time I gave up Diet Coke with the cravings and withdrawal symptoms being significantly higher. I do wonder though if it's because I am focusing on it more due to recording the process on this blog!

The stomach cramps have gone (thankfully) and I've just been getting a mild headache the comes and goes momentarily, so the physical side is much better today. 

Once I've cracked the Diet Coke habit I'm going to allow myself one mug of tea or coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon and if past experience is anything to go by I should get a caffeine hit off of those drinks, which was fantastic the last time I gave up the Diet Coke as my body was so full of caffeine I didn't really get any benefit from it as I was nearly ammune to the effects of caffeine. 

I don't really have any regrets about getting into this level of Diet Coke addiction as it was a conscious choice to use it for my own means, as the replacement for the junk food and also as my drink of choice as I know exactly how many calories are in it. 

As of tomorrow I'm going to revert back to posts on food with a brief Diet Coke update as a postscript as I think I'm pretty much there now...pending some caffeine based fake sugar brown water disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment